It’s almost December and Christmas time has finally come. As strange as this year has been, I’m still looking for ways to celebrate the true meaning of Christmas with my family. These free printable advent calendar cards are the perfect, easy way to keep Christ at the center of our Christmas countdown! Keep reading to get your set of 24 cards and see how to use them.
Advent is a time or celebration traditionally falling somewhere between late November and the 1st of December, all the way until Christmas Day. In Latin, the word advent means “coming,” so today we celebrate advent as a season of waiting and anticipation, counting down the days until we celebrate the first coming of Christ Jesus as a baby in the manger!
As we prepare our hearts and our kids hearts for this special holiday, it’s so important (and sometimes difficult) to keep our eyes focused on Jesus. This time of year is full of sales and shopping and giving and receiving gifts, sometimes we forget to focus on the true meaning of advent. This free printable advent calendar card set is a great way to keep you and your kids remembering the story of Jesus’ birth all throughout the month of December!
HOW TO USE THE ADVENT CALENDAR CARDS
There are so many ways to use these versatile advent calendar cards. Here are a few of my favorite!
- Display On Christmas Ribbon – First, begin by printing your cards on card stock and cutting them out. Find a place in your home to hang a ribbon and as each day goes by, hang one more card on your ribbon with a small clothespin. You can do one long ribbon display, or layer it and make two or three smaller rows. By day 24, you will have a full ribbon and hopefully even fuller hearts!
- Put Them In a Jar – Decorate a mason jar with cute Christmas ribbon and drop a card in each day as you read the accompanying Bible verse. Your jar will fill as the month goes on!
- Use a Christmas Card Holder – These are perfect for your advent calendar cards! Plus, there is ZERO craftiness involved. Yes, please!
- Advent Pocket Calendar – Just like any other advent calendar countdown, use your advent calendar cards to put in each day’s pocket. I love this advent calendar—just slide your cards in behind each days ornament!
- Just Use Them as Cards – No need to get fancy and display your advent cards if that’s not your style. Simply pull one out each day and read the Bible verse with your kids. That’s really all there is to it!
However you choose to use your FREE advent calendar cards, it’s the memories that count! Use these as a way to continue the conversation with your kids about the real meaning of Christmas—Christ!
GET YOUR FREE PRINTABLE ADVENT CALENDAR CARDS
Subscribe with your email here and get your cards sent straight to your inbox! We promise, you’ll never get any spam from us—only a monthly newsletter and FREEBIES!
There are so many incredible ways to celebrate this fun season. How do you celebrate advent with your family? Share with us in the comments below!
Check out more posts below!
- Learn how to practice gratitude as a mom and see your life change for the better!
- Adjusting to one income as a stay at home mom? These tips will help!
- Check out these 7 Ways to Combat Stay at Home Mom Depression and take you joy back!
- Find out how to get the most out of your UN quiet time with the Lord!